Steel frame, paint: Brand:Hammerite , colour: Chestnut.
The bike: a Rockrider model 540 from the nineties, last century. Steel frame.
I started with the fork.
First step was to remove the paint in places were rust was beginning to build. I used sand paper for that, not a machine. Since the frame was in decent condition I did not remove all the original red paint, but left it as shown in the pictures.
Second step: Hammerite , chestnut. I applied one layer with a 40 mm flat brush, then left it over night to dry. The second layer was applied with another brush, since the first one had become useless.
Interesting to notice that the paint dries very quickly: After two, three hours of painting a layer the surface only felt a tiny bit sticky, but the frame could be moved around without the paint coming off
I left it to dry for one day.
The fork turned out well, so time for the rest of the frame.
I did this while the frame was upside down on the floor, so I could not see the frame from every angle, so if you can hang the frame on walk around it, you can do a better job. Same thing for the second layer. I could not give the frame a spin and paint every single spot. So I missed a few.